I am often asked what a DC degree is as many have not heard about it. Actually, there are many professional or doctoral degrees that many people do not recognize.
DC stands for “Doctorate of Chiropractic,” a degree that is earned by Chiropractic Physicians upon successful completion of their chiropractic curriculum and practicum.
Chiropractic Physicians have a curriculum very similar to other health professionals. However, all emphases of medicine take a slightly different approach as they are specializing in a certain aspect of health.
Below is a list of doctoral degrees:
- DC – Doctor of Chiropractic
- MD – Doctor of Medicine
- DO – Doctor of Osteopathy
- DPT – Doctor of Physicial Therapy
- DDS – Doctor of Dental Surgery
- DMD – Doctor of Dental Medicine
- OD – Doctor of Optometry
- ND – Doctor of Naturopathy
- JD – Juris Doctor
- PharmD – Doctor of Pharmacology
- PhD – Doctor of Philosophy
This webpage will give you a visual of how a DC degree compares to that of an MD. However, it is important to note that medical physicians will specialize in one aspect of the body whereas chiropractic physicians will take a more holistic approach to health.