I am a salad girl. Have you noticed? I love fresh crisp salads topped with fruit, veggies, nuts, cheese, and a homemade dressing. While I am pretty sure that I could survive on salads alone, I know for a fact that my kids could not. The dressing that accompanies this salad is sweet, sweet enough for a three-year-old that recently begged me to “make this salad again.”
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, etc.
- Greens of your choice – we love a mixture of spinach, romaine, and green leaf lettuce.
- Crushed nuts – almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and/or pecans are my favorite.
- Dried fruit – unsweetened cranberries and coconut are some examples
- Poppy seed dressing
- Roasted chicken for the meat eater. (optional)
- Feta cheese for the dairy lovers. (optional)
Wash and prepare your lettuce, berries, and cucumbers. Toss ingredients together in a large bowl or assemble on individual plates.