adapted from Dancing Carrots
1 T olive oil
2 medium zucchinis, cubed
1 pinch red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup marinara sauce
1 1/2-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Whole wheat “french bread”
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry the zucchini in oil until browned and slightly tender. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and stir in the marinara sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce is heated through.
3. Slice french bread into slices and bake for about 5 minutes or until they are toasted. Remove from oven.
3. Spoon generous amounts of the zucchini mixture onto each slice of french bread. Top with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake for 5-7 minutes in oven or until cheese is melted and bubbly.